This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page.
Also, "as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases."
GoDaddy: Is it all that’s it’s cracked up to be, or is there a better company out there?
Website URL: https://godaddy.com
HEN Affiliates Ranking: 3.8 out of 5.0
Website Builders Used: WordPress Quick Start / GoCentral
Services: Domains / Websites / WordPress / Hosting / Web Security / Online Marketing / Email & Office / Phone Numbers
Cost: Separate charges for each service. Including upgrades and upsells.
Wealthy Affiliate: Offers endless tools and resources to build a high-earning online business.
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Website URL: https://wealthyaffiliate.com
HEN Affiliates Ranking: 5.0 out of 5.0
Website Builders Used: SiteRubix Platform: WordPress
Wealthy Affiliate Services:
* 25 websites with a FREE SiteRubix domain / 25 websites with your own domain
* Certification Course: 5 Phases w/10 Lessons in each Phase
* Affiliate Bootcamp: 7 Phases w/10 Lessons in each Phase
* Weekly LIVE interactive Video Classes w/replays
* Thousands of Community Tutorials
* Opportunity for earnings: Writing/Videotaping your own tutorials for the WA community
* A Create-your-own-Blog system
* Access to 3000+ FREE WordPress site templates
* 50,000+ FREE WordPress Plugins
* Domain Registry
* Site Speed Technology with powerful servers
* Highly Secured Website Protection/Umbrella Safety
* Site Health Analysis
* Site Comments/Feedback options
* Advanced Site Training Modules/Development Training
* FREE SSL Certificates for Domain Name Ownership
* Site Technical Support 24/7
* Malware/Virus Protection
* Quality Content Building Tools
* Grammar/Plagerism Tools
* Over One Million FREE Graphics
* Template Tools
* Helpful Community of over One Million Entrepreneurs
* One-On-One access to the Wealthy Affiliate Leaders/Founders
* Ambassador Program for Advancement
* Questions/Answers Archives
* Live Chat Support
* 1.8 Million Registered Entrepreneur Members
* Unlimited Means for a Thriving, Successful Business!
Cost: Starter Member (FREE), Premium Membership ($19 first month if you sign up in your first week–then, $49/month or $359/year). All of the above are included in this price.
COMPARING THE TWO
GoDaddy: has two site builders. WordPress Quick Start is not free. You have to purchase one month of hosting to try out this builder. GoCentral offers a free trial site, with a mandatory upgrade with a monthly fee for the service.
GoDaddy offers Free to Start websites that are designed in one hour’s time and are subjected to immediate upgrades. The upgrades may involve a custom management team to manage all the groundwork. Included are pre-build websites, free plugins, free domains, free email, 24/7 support and instructional videos.
Wealthy Affiliate: has SiteBuilder platform called SiteRubix where WordPress sites are designed in seconds and maintained by the designer. All sites here are free.
GoDaddy: offers custom domains at various, reasonable yearly+ prices with secure features.
Wealthy Affiliate: offers custom domains at one yearly price of $13.99 with secure features. Members get 25 free SiteRubix.com domains.
GoDaddy: has wide range of hosting plans, making it difficult to find and compare costs. Their range of prices are from $5.99 – $169.99. They have the highest-priced hosting, but provide tools for developers.
Wealthy Affiliate: has no monthly hosting plans or charges.
GoDaddy: Offers SSL Certificates starting at $67.49yr.
Website Backup: Starting at $2.99mo.
Website Security: Starting at $6.99mo.
Wealthy Affiliate: Has highly-secured features (listed below), All 100% completely free of charge:
To Improve Rankings, Engagement, Experience:
Wealthy Affiliate Technology speeds up your WordPress website without unnecessary plugins or software, and with a Caching Option: ACCELERATED OR EXTREME ACCELERATED.
ACCELERATED: Sophisticated and highly compatible. Up to 20X Faster than normal loading!
EXTREME ACCELERATED: Even bigger speed gains than Accelerated, achieving highest Google Page Speed Insight scores.
ALSO INCLUDED IS SITE SSL and SITE PROTECT (SPAM BLOCKER).
Hire an Expert Services: SEO Services (Search Engine Visibility) starting at $6.99mo. when you renew.
GoDaddy Social starting at $14.99mo. Managed Local Listings starting at $19.99mo. Email Marketing: From Starting at $9.99mo. (500 subscribers) – $29.99mo. (up to 5,000 subscribers).
All GoDaddy Email Marketing Plans Include:
- Activity Reports.
- A signup form.
- Seamless integration with GoCentral Website Builder / Online Store.
- Automatic removal of spamy addresses, etc.
- Clickable buttons to improve responses.
- World-class infrastructure / authentication tools.
- Simple integration tools.
- Specifically-designed Templates.
- 24/7 assistance.
- High-quality stock images.
- Mobile-Friendly Designs
Wealthy Affiliate: SEO All-In-One provided for Free. Free Google Analytics for Local Listings, as well as global listings.
Free Social plugins available.
Email and Office:
GoDaddy: Profession Email starting from $3.99mo. – starting at $11.99mo. (5GB-50GB of storage)
Microsoft Office: starting from $7.99mo. – starting at $19.99mo.
Online Bookkeeping: starting from $4.99mo. – starting at $14.99mo.
Wealthy Affiliate: No Email Marketing provider on platform. SUMO plugin is available for free in SiteRubix/WordPress.
Free Website emails.
GoDaddy: SmartLine Business Phone Numbers: Free Month Trial– then, $3.99mo. (Basic), $9.99mo. (Unlimited)
Wealthy Affiliate: No Phone Number plans.
PROS AND CONS FOR GODADDY:
- You can create live websites in an hour.
- User Friendly.
- Inexpensive pricing plans that range in prices.
- Support and assistance available upon request.
- No creative freedom–pay for expert service.
- Non-expansive features.
- Limited Site features—less appealing.
PROS AND CONS FOR WEALTHY AFFILIATE:
- You can create live websites in seconds.
- User Friendly.
- Mobile Friendly.
- Includes all services, tools and resources for a low monthly rate.
- Creative Freedom to expand in any direction on your own.
- Endless features.
- Unlimited site features that are extremely appealing and professional.
- A community of almost 2 million entrepreneurs—unlimited resources and help 24/7.
- SiteSupport available 24/7.
- Read More
- No Email Marketing service—offers SUMO plugin.
- No Phone Numbers service.
Both GoDaddy and Wealthy Affiliate provide professional and high class services for Online Businesses. However, GoDaddy charges monthly fees for ALL their separate services.
Wealthy Affiliate provides all services, accept Phone Number plans, for Free, as all-inclusive as a Premium Member at WA for $19 the first month and $49mo. thereafter. No upgrades or upsells.
Or, you are give an option with a yearly membership to pay for the year all at once and save 59%. (Pay $329 / Save $229).
WHICH ONE DO YOU CHOOSE?
If you choose Wealthy Affiliate over GoDaddy, Get my 2019 Make Money Online Guide. It will give you endless insight into the Online Business world, with a wealth of information at your fingertips needed to begin your Online Business!
Plus, when you get my Guide, you will also get my Online Training Course, with a 7-Day email Online Training Series to help you launch your new business!
Program Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Starter Membership = $0 Cost – CREATE YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT TODAY!
Founders/Owners: Kyle and Carson